Allen W. Bodiford
Allen Bodiford has practiced as a trial attorney for over 30 years, and has tried a wide variety of civil and criminal cases. Since 1987, Allen has had the pleasure and honor of representing clients in hundreds of bench trials and more than 25 jury trials, in cases of divorce and domestic relations, wrongful death, automobile accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, products liability, and medical malpractice, along with felony and misdemeanor criminal cases. Allen brings his years of litigation experience to bear in evaluating, preparing, and trying cases, as well as settling cases when appropriate.
Allen has obtained favorable results for his clients in divorce and custody cases and recovered millions of dollars for his clients in wrongful death, car accident, tractor-trailer accident, products liability and medical malpractice cases. Allen has extensive appellate experience including arguing appeals before the United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, Georgia Supreme Court and Georgia Court of Appeals.
Allen is originally from Moultrie, Georgia. Upon his honorable discharge from the U.S. Army, Allen enrolled at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College and obtained his A.S. in criminal justice. Upon graduation from ABAC, Allen moved to the Atlanta area and graduated from Georgia State University with a B.S. degree in criminal justice/pre-law in 1980. Allen obtained a Juris Doctorate degree from Woodrow Wilson College of Law in 1986.
Allen was named to Georgia Trend magazine’s “Legal Elite” in the field of divorce and domestic related cases in 2007.
Abraham Baldwin Agriculture College, Associate Science – 1978
Georgia State University, Bachelor Science- 1980
Woodrow Wilson College of Law, Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude – 1986
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- Family Law Section, State Bar of Georgia
- Tort & Insurance Section, State Bar of Georgia
- American Association for Justice, formerly American Trial Lawyers Association
- Henry County Bar Association
- Divorce and all domestic related areas.
- Personal Injury
- Tractor Trailer accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Civil Litigation- both Plaintiff and Defendant
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability- Plaintiff’s only
Courts Admitted to Practice:
- Magistrate Courts
- State Courts
- Superior Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U. S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U. S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U. S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U. S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Georgia
- United States Circuit Court for the Eleventh Circuit
Date of Birth: September 28, 1954, Mitchell County, Georgia
Married to Debra for the past 33 years, and they have three adult children, Michael Bodiford, Joseph Bodiford and Stephen Bodiford, and two grandchildren.