Consider local experience when hiring a divorce lawyer
Marriage is a union of two people who are deeply in love with each other. But sometimes, the love that these individuals feel for each other fades due to various reasons. It could be incompatibility, or there might be a third party involved. Or they simply fall out of love.
Some couples separate due to money problems, and in all these instances, divorce is the only option to save whatever respect they have for each other.
When couples decide to part ways, making the separation legal is the best thing to do, and looking for the best lawyer who specializes in divorce cases can be frustrating. For one, not all lawyers have the know-how to handle the nitty-gritty of divorce proceedings. Some lawyers consciously shy away from this area because it is emotionally draining on all parties involved, the lawyer included. Even lawyers delegate their personal divorce cases to other lawyers.
But not Allen W. Bodiford, a top-caliber lawyer who has been practicing law for more than 25 years in Stockbridge, Georgia.
The law offices of Mr. Bodiford boast of divorce lawyers who have decades of experience in divorce and matrimonial law. These lawyers thoroughly study and understand the continuously evolving case law and legislation that impacts the divorce process.
When representing someone in a divorce mediation, Mr. Bodiford and his team of lawyers who are also experts in family law work to resolve client concerns promptly and in a favorable manner.
When a couple’s marriage starts to fall apart, the first thing that they will think of is to hire a divorce lawyer who will handle all that needs to be filed and settled. They can file the documents by themselves but this can be too tiring and bothersome. They are still emotionally hit by the turn of events and handling all these may add to their burden.
Hence, hiring a divorce lawyer is definitely the best option.
But one piece of advice – hire a divorce lawyer who has already handled cases in your locality because local experience is definitely a plus considering that these lawyers already know how the process will run. He can educate and inform you on the particulars of divorce laws that are unique to your locality.
Hiring a local attorney is an advantage as he understands local laws and can predict the actions of the judges handling your case. He can also anticipate the moves of other divorce attorneys and can have a good guess on what’s going to happen.
At the law office of Mr. Bodiford, family law specialists will be able to offer insights on the possible outcome of the case.
Bodiford Law Group serves clients in Conyers, Covington, Griffin, Jackson, Jonesboro, McDonough, and Stockbridge. Among the divorce/family law services it offers are divorce, legitimation/paternity, adoption, modification of custody and/or child support, contempt and family violence/TPO. Its goal is to help clients make a successful transition to the next stage of their lives.
Allen W. Bodiford is offering a free initial consultation about divorce and legal separation matters. It is best to contact him if you are contemplating on filing a divorce against your wife or husband.
With decades of experience in divorce and matrimonial law, our divorce lawyers thoroughly study and understand the continuously evolving case law and legislation that impacts the divorce process.
At the Law Offices of Allen W. Bodiford in Stockbridge, GA, when representing someone in a divorce mediation, we work to resolve client concerns promptly, in as favorable a manner as possible. As a divorce attorney & legal separation lawyer, we help you to build a solid foundation for your new life. Contact us for a free initial consultation about your divorce and legal separation matters.
As a marriage starts out in euphoria, sometimes it doesn’t last and soon enters into a divorce. Around half of all marriages will fall apart and eventually file for divorce. The next step that should be considered is either obtaining a divorce attorney or attempting to file all the legal documents by yourself. There should be some careful consideration before a decision is made.
No one goes into a marriage thinking they will eventually file for a divorce. Dismally in our society, divorces have become more common and accepting than generations before. Either way, the whole family is hurt by a divorce. Emotions and strengths of character are tested during the roller coaster ride of a divorce. By having emotions and feelings being hit so hard, a person going through a divorce should not have to deal with the legal issues pertaining to their case. This era in one’s life should not be thought lightly and a divorce attorney should be hired to ease the burden. Even if you are contemplating hiring a divorce attorney, it should be considered that even lawyers will hire and delegate their own divorces to other attorneys.
Advantages When Hiring a Divorce Attorney
1. Experience- Many people going through a divorce, do not have the slightest clue of the legal proceedings. A divorce attorney on the other hand will know exactly what and when to proceed with filings. Having a legal professional that has expertise in family law will be an advantage to your side. They will be able to educate and inform their clients on the particulars of divorce laws that are unique to your locality. Family law specialists will be able to offer their insight on what the outcome of the divorce will yield. There is no perfect divorce equation, but having the experience, a divorce lawyer can have a good guess on what is going to happen.
2. Local Experience- Hiring a local attorney is much better than hiring a high profile attorney that is not located in your jurisdiction. Not only will they will understand the local laws, but they will have a good impression on other lawyers, court clerks and judges who will be running your case. This is an advantage as the lawyer can predict actions of judges and anticipate other divorce attorneys moves.
3. No Emotional Bond- From the emotional toll before and during your divorce proceedings, you will become attached to certain items and intangible aspects through the divorce. A divorce attorney will not have the emotional bond to a court case that a person going through the divorce will have. There is no doubt that the legal representative will have your best interest, but he or she will not make irrational decisions based on emotions. They will rather base decisions upon fair compensation and legal practices. If a person is going through a divorce with children, these emotions are even higher, having another reason to hire a family law specialist.
4. Efficient- If a person is trying to complete their own divorce, it will take a lot of research, time and effort to understand the legal filing process, terms and procedures. If that same person is working and taking care of kids, it’s nearly impossible to complete efficiently. When hiring a divorce attorney, these tasks will be handled swiftly and professionally by your divorce lawyer.
5. Expertise- By working with the same type of clients and dealing with the legal system, a divorce lawyer has built an expertise in the family law field. Other attorneys may practice different entities of the legal system, but an attorney who deals strictly with family law and divorce, will have built their reputation and expertise in that field. Whenever hiring an attorney, always make sure they have expertise or credentials showing their skills in their field of practice.
If you are deciding whether or not to hire a divorce attorney, it will be much easier on you and your family if you do. By hiring a divorce lawyer, he/she will be giving the professionalism and experience that is needed when dwelling into the legal system. The divorce attorney be as efficient as possible with filing papers with the courts and not having the emotional bond that their clients hold onto during a divorce. Hiring an expert in the field of family law will give you an advantage and save much time and effort during a high turmoil time in your life.
Most uncontested divorce cases do not involve court hearings or trials. The parties are amicable enough to focus on resolution. My job is to be an effective guide throughout the process and help my clients reach their goals.
After consultation, if it is your decision to proceed with dissolution of marriage, we will represent you throughout the process. We will advise you with respect to legal grounds for divorce, residency requirements and required waiting periods, as well as in the filing of the divorce petition.
Being among the top divorce lawyers in Stockbridge, we pride ourselves on consistently providing a personal brand of divorce and family law representation to residents in, Jonesboro, Stockbridge, and McDonough, as well as across the state of Georgia. Our goal is to help our clients make a successful transition to the next stage in their lives.
Some of the divorce/family law services we offer are:
- Modification of Custody and/or Child Support
- Family Violence/TPO
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6266830